Monday, April 6, 2009

Catch Up Pt. 2

Mr Gaspar is getting better with every new track I hear from him, but now even his bootlegs are sounding pretty damn professional. In my opinion the new Black Eyed Peas song is pretty unbearable, but with a nice shove in the right direction by Mr Gaspar it's not too bad. If I have to listen to any form of this track it will absolutely be this one. Nice remix. It seems like he's experimenting with some different sounds than usual, and I'm liking it.


After their first EP's brilliance I thought some of their remixes started to lack a little of the energy and excellence that their previous ones were so full of. This remix really puts Designer Drugs back up at the top for me though. They do so well working with female pop vocals. The warm wavy synths are hypnotizing. Annie always seems to be well remixed so here's another one to add to the pile.


When "Disco Sirens" came out last year, and everyone went remix crazy for it, I thought many of the remixes were below average, but the one that knocked  them all away was by Calling In Sick. Since then I've heard a few more remixes as well as an original form them. They make really solid fun electro, and they did a great job applying their touch to the new Grum single. 


80kidz are another duo who I feel have lacked since their first EP. Remixes started to get a little boring, and I have been pretty much stuck on listening to "Disdrive" for the last few months. However, I think I may have a new 80kidz track to listen to repeatedly now. This remix brings back a lot of what I first loved about them.


*zShare seems to be acting up at the moment. We're gonna use Mediafire until it settles down.

No response to “Catch Up Pt. 2”